We have finally entered lovely autumn, which us being located in Southwest Florida; it is a much-celebrated season! Finally, we can wear our darling jackets and sweaters! The bonfires and roasting marshmallows, staying up late cozy in a blanket binge-watching that favorite new TV show, cuddles with pets and being so close to loved ones with the fast-approaching holidays – what is there not to love about Fall?
I believe we can name maybe one….just one, though. The dreaded cough and cold season!
Breathe Essential Oil Blend
Breathe is our best selling essential oil blend. Our Breathe blend has 5 respiratory supporting and opening essential oils. Breathe essential oil blend opens the airways, breaks up mucous, and supports overall respiratory and immune health. Due to the peppermint and eucalyptus content in Breathe, children under the age of 5 should not use it. Breathe is simply too strong for kids under 5. Better alternatives for children under 5 include Black Spruce and Frankincense.
- Peppermint essential oil is antiseptic and respiratory supporting. Peppermint is a powerful natural decongestant, opening the airways and breaking up mucus. At Kokokahn, peppermint is sold both as a hydrosol and essential oil!
- Eucalyptus essential oil is a powerful antibacterial. Eucalyptus is well known for breaking up mucus. Eucalyptus also comes in a hydrosol.
- Rosemary essential oil is antiseptic and has antioxidant properties.
- Black spruce essential oil is incredible for soothing tickly coughs. Black spruce is great for helping combat bronchitis and supports the respiratory system.
- Spike lavender is a more gentle respiratory supporting oil. Spike lavender is another essential oil that is gentle and safe for children.
4 Quick Ways to Use Breathe Essential Oil Blend:
- Put 2 drops in the shower (on the floor before stepping in and outside the stream of the water)
- Put a couple drops on a cotton ball and inhale deeply
- Put 1 drop in a bowl and pour steaming water over it. Put a towel over your head and steam for 2-5 minutes
- Refill your aromatherapy inhaler – there is a cap on the bottom of the inhaler, use a butter knife to get under it and pop it off. Then add 10-15 drops of the Breathe Essential Oil blend. Recap and your good to go for another 2 to 3 months!
Purify Essential Oil Blend
Purify is a must-have during autumn! The aroma of Purify is a beautiful mixture of cinnamon, clove and orange wrapped in black spruce. We highly recommend diffusing Purify as it’s main purpose is to clean the air. Also, diffusing Purify will leave a warm, cozy aroma in the home that has an uplifting, soothing effect on the mood.
- Cinnamon supports the immune system and is a well known antibacterial essential oil. Cinnamon essential oil is distilled from the leaves or the bark. Cinnamon leaf has more clove undertones than cinnamon bark. Use caution when using cinnamon as it can burn the skin without proper dilution.
- Clove bud is an antiseptic and antiviral essential oil. As with cinnamon leaf/bark, properly dilute clove bud. Clove bud has a high potential for skin irritation.
- Orange essential oil is extremely high in limonene (estimated 90%!). Limonene is a chemical component found in various citrus oils. Limonene is a powerful antibacterial, antiviral and immune supporter.
- Black Spruce as mentioned in Breathe Essential Oil Blend is incredible for the immune system, as well as the respiratory system.
5 Easy Ways to Use Purify Essential Oil Blend:
- Add 5 drops to a diffuser and diffuse in the home when cold or flu are present
- Add 5-6 drops to an essential oil necklace to inhale the immune-supporting and germ-fighting oils throughout the day helping to keep you healthy
- Add 1 drop to a bowl of steaming water and steam for 2 to 5 minutes for colds and the flu
- Put 2 drops on the inside of toilet paper rolls
- Put 2 to 3 drops in the bottom of trash cans to keep them fresh and clean
Immunity Essential Oil Blend
Immunity is the specific essential oil blend for supporting the immune system. Immunity contains various essential oils that support the immune system. Ginger and oregano support the digestive system as well as the respiratory system. Frankincense, sweet marjoram, and lavender are relaxing and anti-inflammatory oils. And of course, the infamous eucalyptus with its decongesting properties.
- Ginger rids bacteria. Ginger essential oil soothes sinusitis, coughs, and sore throats while supporting respiratory health.
- Oregano like rosemary is an antioxidant oil. Oregano has strong antibacterial properties and helps support the digestive and respiratory system.
- Eucalyptus (see Breathe)
- Frankincense is extremely well known for its long history as a spiritual and religious staple. Frankincense is not just an amazing oil for prayer, it also supports the respiratory system, is gentle for asthma, and anti-inflammatory. Kokokahn carries Frankincense in both the hydrosol and essential oil.
- Sweet Marjoram is gentle enough to soothe asthma. Sweet marjoram essential oil supports the immune system.
- Lavender is a gentle immune supporting oil. Lavender is well known for its relaxing properties but it has many benefits including supporting immune wellness. Lavender is also available as a hydrosol.
3 Simple Ways to Use Immunity Essential Oil Blend:
- Diffuse 5-6 drops in the home or at work
- Add 8-10 drops to 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) jojoba oil and rub on chest and armpits. Reduce to 5-6 drops for children over 5 and the elderly.
- Add a few drops to essential oil jewelry
Citrus Kiss Essential Oil Blend
Citrus Kiss is made up purely of citrus oils. Citrus oils are high in limonene, a chemical component that is antiviral, antibacterial, and immune-supporting. Citrus Kiss is powerful for cleaning and keeping germs at bay. Citrus Kiss uplifts and energizes, combats germs, and keeps the home smelling of delicious fruit! The benefits of each citrus oil are similar too.
- Mandarin is like the heirloom tomato of orange; it is more complex aromatically and has stress-relieving properties.
- Lemon is a citrus oil that is high in limonene. Lemon essential oil is incredible for detox, especially when paired with grapefruit.
- Lime, as with the other citrus oils, has a high amount of limonene. Lime, aromatically, hangs out the longest in the air in terms of citrus oils.
- Grapefruit is antibacterial and great for detoxing.
- Bergamot is an Italian orange with a different aroma than orange. It has spicy notes with orange undertones.
- Orange (see Purify)
3 Bright Ways to Use Citrus Kiss Essential Oil Blend:
- Diffuse 5-6 drops in the home or at work
- Add 40 drops to 16 ounces distilled water with 2 tablespoons white vinegar for a cleaning spray. Get more Cleaning Recipes.
- Add a few drops to an essential oil necklace
What oils do you use for immunity boosting? Do you like to make your own essential oil blends?
Resources: 1. Salvatore Battaglia. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy Second Edition. The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Australia, 2003 2. Robert Tisserand. Essential Oil Safety Second Edition, Elsevier, USA, 2014 3. K. Keville and M. Green. Aromatherapy A Complete Guide to the Healing Art Second Edition. Crossing Press, USA, 2009