Essential oils and aromatherapy can be beneficial for children too. Think less is more especially when using essential oils with children under 5 years of age. Below are some essential oil recipes for children to help you get started.
Immune Boost for Children Over 5
- 1 ounce aloe gel
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- 2 drops thyme chemotype linalol essential oil
- 2 drops orange essential oil
Add essential oil drops to aloe gel. Cap and shake well. Use as a nightly chest rub to support overall health and a good night’s sleep.
For children ages 2-5, reduce the thyme and orange essential oil drops to 1 each.
For children under 2, diffuse 1 drop lavender, 1 drop orange and 1 drop thyme essential oil in their room. I don’t recommend using essential oils topically with children under 2.
Natural Lice Treatment
- 4 ounce PET plastic bottle with pump
- 3 ounces or 6 Tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 1 ounce or 2 Tablespoons aloe gel
- 9 drops rosemary essential oil
- 9 drops tea tree essential oil
- 9 drops lavender essential oil
- 9 drops geranium essential oil
Pour the aloe gel into the container with a funnel. Add essential oil drops. Pour coconut oil into the container with a funnel. Cap and shake vigorously. Apply treatment to lice infested hair once daily leaving the treatment on for 30 minutes before washing. If you are using this recipe for children under 5, reduce the essential oil drops to 5 of each.
Smelly Shoes Remedy
- plastic jar or container (you can reuse a clean food container to save money)
- 1 cup baking soda
- 15 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 15 drops geranium essential oil
Add baking soda to container. Add essential oil drops. Stir well with a spoon. Close container and shake well to thoroughly mix the essential oil into the baking soda. Add 1 teaspoon to stinky shoes and let it sit overnight. Dump the smelly shoes remedy out the following day.
For a stinky feet remedy, check out our Bye Bye Stinky Feet Spray.
Bookmark this page and check back often as we will continue to add essential oil recipes for children periodically.