Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
Cinnamon leaf essential oil is warming and energizing. It has a deeper aroma with clove undertones when compared to Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil. Great for diffusing during fall and winter with immune supporting properties. Warms and invigorates the mind, chills and muscles.
Other Holistic Health Benefits:
- Good for sadness and melancholy
- Relieves tension and steadies nerves
- Helps restore a vigor for life
- Digestive supporter
- Invigorates sense of smell and taste
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil is steam distilled from the leaves.
Safety Note: Cinnamon essential oil is one of the highest for skin irritation potential. Never use it on the skin undiluted. Cinnamon leaf essential oil has a lower potential for skin irritation than cinnamon bark. If you're making a blend to use on the skin, only use 2-3 drops per ounce of carrier oil like jojoba or aloe gel.
We also offer Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil. It is the same plant, but distilled from the inner bark. Cinnamon bark has similar therapeutic properties, but a different aroma and a higher potential for skin irritation. It is brighter and more true to the cinnamon aroma without clove undertones. It is also more expensive as it takes more plant material to obtain the essential oil from the bark.
Kokokahn's pure essential oils are 10ml or about 200 drops
Resources: 1. Julia Lawless. The Encylopedia of Essential Oils, Thorsons, London, 1992. 2. Salvatore Battaglia. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy Second Edition. The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Australia, 2003 3. Robert Tisserand. Essential Oil Safety Second Edition, Elsevier, USA, 2014
[tab name="How to Use"]
- Diffuse 2-3 drops in a diffuser during fall and winter months
- Add 2-3 drops to the inside of toilet paper rolls to support healthy bathrooms
- Add 3-4 drops to pine cones or old potpourri to freshen
- Gently simmer water on the stove, take pot off burner and add 3-4 drops for days when you're feeling blue. Or use an electric diffuser.
Cinnamon essential oil is one of the highest for skin irritation potential. Never use it on the skin undiluted. Cinnamon leaf essential oil has a lower potential for skin irritation than cinnamon bark. If you're making a blend to use on the skin, only use 2-3 drops per ounce of carrier oil like jojoba or aloe gel. Not recommended during pregnancy or when breastfeeding.
Animals are sensitive to essential oils, especially cats and smaller furry friends. Never put essential oils on cats or other small pets fur. When using essential oils with dogs or other animals consult a holistic vet for advice on how to use them safely.
This product has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. All information is for educational purposes only.
Warming Massage Blend
- 2 drops Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
- 2 drops Ginger Essential Oil
- 6 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 1 ounce (2 T) Jojoba Oil
Add essential oil drops to jojoba oil. Cap and shake. Add to a warm bath or rub on muscles and joints.
Certified Organic Cinnamomum zeylanicum (Cinnamon) Leaf Oil
Country of Origin: Madagascar
[tab name="Eco Friendly Info"]
- Recyclable glass bottle
- 100% pure essential oil GC/MS tested to ensure therapeutic quality and purity
- No parabens, dyes, sulfates, phthalates or other synthetic ingredients