Back to school can be both exciting and a little nerve-racking. Taking a holistic approach to combating against germs, anxiety, and respiratory ailments is a great way to start off the school year. To help kids soothe nerves and keep their immune system supported, here are some recipes on how to use aromatherapy and essential oils in the classroom.
Essential Oil Necklace for Anxiety
Use essential oils in the classroom with a cork essential oil necklace to calm anxiety. Take the cork out and add 5-6 drops essential oil. The oils will diffuse thru the cork wafting up to them throughout the day. Great for girls and boys both! Here are some great essential oils for anxiety:
• 5-6 drops Release Anxiety Essential Oil Blend
• 2 drops Mandarin, 2 drops Lavender and 1 drop Vetiver essential oils
Kokokahn’s Release Anxiety Essential Oil Blend is a synergistic blend of certified organic ylang ylang and frankincense essential oils for anxiety, fear, stress and panic attacks. Our blend of Release Anxiety can help children transition easier into the school year and calm nerves.
Lavender is soothing, Mandarin is a happy, uplifting oil, and Vetiver is great for anxiety and stress.
Respiratory Support Aromatherapy Inhaler
Our blend of respiratory supporting essential oils are great for upcoming cough and cold season.
- 3 drops Black Spruce Essential Oil
- 3 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 1 drops Spearmint Essential Oil
- 3 drops Spike Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 Blank Aromatherapy Inhaler
Put the cotton wick on a plate. Add essential oil drops. Soak up all the oil with the tip of the cotton wick off the plate. Put cotton wick inside inner tube. Pop cap on. Use when tickly coughs are present or to open breathing airways.
Homemade Hand Sanitizer
Great DIY recipe for popping an all-natural hand sanitizer into backpacks to keep germs at bay!
- 1 ounce PET plastic spray bottle
- 1 ounce or 2 tablespoons Aloe Gel
- 5 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 6 drops Orange Essential Oil
- 3 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 4 drops Lavender Essential Oil
Add essential oil drops to spray bottle. Add aloe gel to container using a funnel. Cap and shake. Each essential oil is antibacterial and/or antimicrobial and amazing to keep in a purse or backpack. The aloe gel allows the homemade hand sanitizer to be moisturizing instead of drying.
What are your favorite uses of essential oils in the classroom?
Any questions or comments? Email us at email@example.com or comment below.