Lavender is a classic, gentle, generally safe and recognizable essential oil that is great for relaxing and soothing for sleep. Lavender essential oil uses include stress reduction, skin healer for bugs and skin irritations, and balancing ones’ emotions. Lavender essential oil can also be used to calm angry emotions and help relieve sadness. Lavender Essential Oil is steam distilled from the flowers and has a very beautiful, herbaceous and flowery aroma. Our lavender is from Provence, France. Because of the high altitudes and growing conditions in Provence, the French lavender is considered the best aromatically and therapeutically.
How to Use Lavender Essential Oil
• Diffuse in the home for relaxation and sleep
• Put 1 drop in your bed sheets to encourage a restful night’s sleep
• Apply 1 drop to a cotton ball and rub on bug bites to soothe and stop the itch
• Add 1 to 2 drops to a cotton ball and inhale deeply to combat stress
• Add 4 to 5 drops to a warm evening bath
• Apply 1 drop undiluted to burns and cuts. It’s best to apply directly after the injury and reapply 2 to 3 times throughout the day.
More Great Lavender Essential Oil Uses
Lavender essential oil uses are not limited to just skin healing and soothing emotions; it is also great at soothing headaches, restless legs , and PMS. It is also a good immune supporter and inflammation calmer.
• Calm PMS and menstrual cramps by adding 10-12 drops to 1 ounce of lotion or carrier oil. Then apply to the tummy or lower back. We recommend applying 2 to 3 times a day.
• To help soothe inflammation that’s causing pain and swelling, add to a bath, or put 5-6 drops in an ounce of lotion or oil and apply to inflamed areas.
• To calm restless legs add 10-12 drops to 1 ounce of jojoba oil and apply to your legs.
Skin Rash Soother
• 1 ounce Aloe Gel
• 6 drops Lavender Essential Oil
• 4 drops Geranium Essential Oil
• 2 drops Blue Tansy Essential Oil
• 2 drops Sandalwood Essential Oil
Pour carrier ingredient into a PET plastic or glass container. Add essential oil drops. Cap and shake. Apply to skin rashes twice daily to soothe the itch and help heal.
Animals are sensitive to essential oils, especially cats and smaller furry friends. Never put essential oils on cats or other small pets fur. When using essential oils with dogs or other animals consult a holistic vet for advice on how to use them safely.
What are the lavender essential oil uses you love?
Any questions or comments? Email us at [email protected] or comment below.
Resources: 1. Kathy Keville and Mindy Green. Aromatherapy A complete Guide To The Healing Art. 2nd Edition, Crossing Press, USA, 2009 2. Julia Lawless. The Encylopedia of Essential Oils, Thorsons, London, 1992