Sweet marjoram essential oil is a calming and soothing oil. Marjoram’s aroma is herbaceous and blossomy with undertones of sweetness completing it as one of the gentlest essential oils. The marjoram leaves and budding flowers from fresh marjoram are steam distilled to make the essential oil. Some of our favorite sweet marjoram essential oil benefits include supporting sleep, relaxing one during stressful situations, and being great for cold and flu season.
Other Marjoram Essential Oil Benefits
• Eases digestive issues such as constipation, flatulence, indigestion and upset digestion
• Stress and anxiety reducer
• Warms and soothes painful joints
• Nourishes and heals the skin
• Great immune supporter
• Circulates Qi
• Gentle and soothing essential oil for asthma
• Balances hormones
• Alleviates menstrual cramping
• Obsessive thinking calmer
• Relaxes nerves and stress-related, tired conditions
Marjoram Essential Oil Uses
• Use a diffuser and add sweet marjoram essential oil for asthma, colds, or when the flu is present
• As a cold and cough soother, put 1 drop in a bowl of steaming water. Cover your head with a towel and steam for 2 to 5 minutes to soothe colds and coughs.
• For calming the nerves and stress, put 1 drop on a cotton ball and inhale deeply
• For relieving arthritic pain, add 8 to 10 drops to 1 ounce jojoba oil and apply
• Add 1 drop to your bed sheets to help you sleep and unwind
Menstrual Cramp Relief Recipe
• 1oz pump container, glass or PET plastic
• 1oz Jojoba Oil
• 5 drops Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil
• 5 drops Geranium Essential Oil
• 3 drops Lavender Essential Oil
• 5 drops Clary Sage Essential Oil
Add jojoba oil to container. Add essential oil drops. Cap and shake. Apply to lower abdomen 1 week prior to your period and during your period. Apply twice daily.
Marjoram Essential Oil Safety Considerations
A generally safe oil with no known safety concerns. It is recommended to dilute essential oils in a carrier oil such as jojoba oil, coconut oil or aloe gel before using on the skin undiluted.
Essential oils should never be used undiluted on children’s skin. Do not use essential oils topically at all with children under the age of 2. Animals are sensitive to essential oils, especially cats and smaller furry friends. Never put essential oils on cats or other small pets fur. When using essential oils with dogs or other animals consult a holistic vet for advice on how to use them safely. Check out our Holistic Aromatherapy for Animals book for safe ways to use essentials for pets.
This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. All information is for educational purposes only.
Which of these marjoram essential oil benefits would you use?
Any questions or comments? Email us at email@example.com or comment below.