When we think of Valentine’s Day, love is in the air, and so is the gorgeous aroma of rose otto essential oil. Rose is a beautiful, recognizable aroma and a gorgeous flower to give to loved ones. Rose otto helps heal heartache, soothes grief, and opens the heart to love. Rose oil is also beneficial for skin and hair care. A bouquet of flowers isn’t the only way to enjoy roses; here are some adoring benefits of rose otto essential oil.
5 Benefits of Rose Otto Essential Oil:
- Supports the Heart Chakra
- Comforting during times of anger and conflict
- Relationship builder
- Confidence booster
- Eases jealously
Our Heart Chakra Oil with rose, neroli, jasmine, geranium and ylang ylang essential oils diluted in jojoba oil is a deep, comforting aroma used topically to open the heart to love and forgiveness. Kokokahn’s Heart Chakra Oil is a gift for Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, or just to connect with one’s partner.
Other Holistic Benefits of Rose Otto Essential Oil
- Rejuvenates cells for sensitive, mature, and aging skin
- Helps relieve rashes and soothes burns
- Cooling, cleansing and regulating
- Soothing emotionally and physically for asthma and hayfever
- Great for all hair types
- Eases anxiety and fear
Rose oil is one the most historic and familiar aromas. Rose otto essential oil has a pure, crisp, and familiar rose aroma. Rose otto’s aroma lingers in the room providing long term scent. It is steam distilled from the flowers and hails from Bulgaria,. Bulgaria is recognized as the rose capital of the world. In the early 1600’s, Turkish people introduced roses to Bulgaria.
Pure steam distilled rose otto essential oil is one of the most expensive essential oils. This is due to the large amount of roses it takes to obtain the oil and the labor intensity. Roses are hand picked in the morning while the dew is still on the leaves. This is when the yield is the highest. It takes about 60 roses to get 1 drop of rose otto essential oil. In a 10ml bottle there is about 200 drops which means there are about 12,000 roses in one 10ml bottle! Because of the high cost and demand for rose otto essential oil, it is often adulterated or synthetic making it even more important to source high quality and test for purity.
Skin Rejuvenating Face Oil DIY Recipe
- 2 drops rose essential oil
- 1 drop geranium essential oil
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- 1 drop frankincense essential oil
- 1 ounce jojoba oil
Add essential oil drops to jojoba oil. Shake well. Apply to face and decollete after washing every evening to rejuvenate and uplift skin.
Additional Ways to Use Rose Oil:
- Add 4-5 drops to 1 ounce (2 Tablespoons) coconut oil and apply to hair as an overnight deep conditioning treatment
- Diffuse 2 to 3 drops in a diffuser to support loving relationships
- Add 3 drops to 1 ounce jojoba oil and apply over heart to support the heart chakra.
Kokokahn’s pure essential oils are GC/MS tested to ensure purity and quality.
Resources: 1. Jeanne Rose. 375 Essential Oils and Hydrosols. North Atlantic Books, Berkley, California, 1999 2. Robert Tisserand. Essential Oil Safety Second Edition, Elsevier, USA, 2014 3. Salvatore Battaglia. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy Second Edition. The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Australia, 2003