Melaleuca alternifolia is the latin name for Tea Tree and it is native to Australia. There has been a lot of research on the health benefits of Tea Tree giving it strong scientific support. It has also been used by the Aboriginal people of Australia for a very long time. Here are some of the health benefits to consider and ways to use this wonderful oil in your daily life.
Tea Tree Oil Benefits
- Stimulates the immune system by activating white blood cells. Terpinen-4-ol is one of the constituents that makes up Tea Tree and is the main immune stimulating property. It makes up 30% – 48% of Tea Tree making it one of the strongest immune supporting essential oils available.
- Good for the respiratory system helping to alleviate mucous.
- Antibacterial, antiviral and antiseptic making it great to use for cleaning and mold in the shower.
- Good for thrush or yeast infections.
- Best for oily skin and acne.
- Helps eliminate dandruff.
- Gentle wound healer.
- Great for head lice.
- Excellent for keeping the mouth healthy.
- Emotionally Tea Tree helps build strength and confidence.
Uses for Tea Tree Oil
- Add 5 drops to a bath to give the immune system a boost.
- Add 2 drops to a bowl of hot water and steam your face for 5 minutes. Great for colds or the flu and oily skin.
- Add 1 drop to your bed sheets at night for immune support.
- Put 1 drop on a cottonball and carry with you when traveling to support your immune system.
- Put 1 drop undiluted on acne spots.
- Add 50 drops to an 8oz bottle of shampoo. Shake well and use daily for dandruff.
- Put a drop in the shower for respiratory and immune support while showering.
- Add 120 drops to 8oz spray bottle. Keep in the shower and spray after each shower to keep mold and bacteria down.
Do you use Tea Tree? What are your favorite ways to use Tea Tree?
All information provided here is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent illness.