Introducing Palo Santo
Palo santo, also known as Holy Wood, hails from the offshore woods of Ecuador. Our palo santo essential oil is organically grown and sustainably sourced. The farmer we source from replants new palo santo trees to help reduce deforestation. The oil is steamed distilled from the branches and trunks of the Bursera graveolens trees. With a sweet licorice, smoky aroma, palo santo helps soothe panic attacks, uplifts during times of sadness, and calms stressful situations.
Benefits of Palo Santo Essential Oil:
- Calms restless legs
- Strong antioxidant
- Encouraging during times of melancholy or grief
- Supports respiratory system, especially helpful with asthma, congestion and coughing
- To combat panic attacks, add 1 drop to a cotton ball and breathe deeply from the diaphragm
- For a tranquil, blissful home, diffuse 2 drops palo santo and 3 drops orange
- Add 3 drops palo santo to a roller on bottle and top with jojoba oil. Roll under nose, neck and wrists when feeling too stressed out or anxious.
Panic Soother Recipe
Pour carrier ingredient into a PET plastic or glass container. Add essential oil drops. Cap and shake. Apply under nose, neck and wrists to calm and soothe panic attacks.
Palo santo essential oil is high in limonene making it an easy oil to oxidize and cause skin irritation. Always dilute when using palo santo on the skin. Maximum recommended dilution rate is 15 drops per ounce or 2 tablespoons of carrier oil, like jojoba or coconut oil.
What benefits do you like the most of palo santo essential oil? What ways do you use this oil?
Resources: 1. Kathy Keville and Mindy Green. Aromatherapy A complete Guide To The Healing Art. 2nd Edition, Crossing Press, USA, 2009 2. Robert Tisserand. Essential Oil Safety Second Edition, Elsevier, USA, 2014 3. Salvatore Battaglia. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy Second Edition. The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Australia, 2003