Oh for the love of lavender, long adored for its calming, luxurious scent and beauty. What you may not be aware of, however, are the many other lavender oil uses. The therapeutic properties of lavender essential oil has so many positive possibilities, that it’s worthy of taking a moment to discuss just a few.
Lavender Oil Uses and Therapeutic Benefits
When talking about lavender oil uses we must include easing inflamed, achy, sore and tense muscles and joints! Everyone feels the pain from time to time and unfortunately, some people suffer chronically; reducing inflammation helps to relieve pain and swelling. Add lavender essential oil to your list of go to relief and enjoy its restorative strength by massaging it in right where it hurts.
- Add 4 to 5 drops to a salt bath, or put 8-10 drops in an ounce of lotion or oil and apply to inflamed areas.
Face, Hair and Scalp Health:
Adding a few drops to your shampoo can help clean your scalp and hair, as well as have positive effects on any inflamed, or fungal scalp issues…and your hair will smell wonderful! Try adding 1 drop of lavender essential oil to a bowl of steaming water and gently steaming your face for a healthy complexion. Also, add 5-6 drops to 1 ounce of face cream.
Additional bonuses to lavender oil uses…rashes, cuts, and acne are just a few of the skin irritations that benefit from lavender essential oil.
- Apply 1 drop undiluted to burns and cuts. It’s best to apply directly after the injury and reapply 2 to 3 times throughout the day.
- Put 1 drop undiluted on burns or cuts to help heal and prevent scarring
- Add 5-6 drops to 1 ounce aloe gel and apply to acne
Bug Bite Soother:
Lavender essential oil takes the itch and sting out of ant bites, mosquito bites, and other itchy bites helping to take the pain out of a bug bite and heal it quickly.
Anxiety, Stress, Tension Headaches and Sleep:
Some of the most popular and well know lavender oil uses include it’s calming properties that promote relaxation, help relieve stress and anxiety and invite restful and sound sleep.
- Tension headaches: Apply 1 drop undiluted to temples or the back of your neck
- Restful sleep: Add a drop to your bedsheets before going to bed
- Unwinding daily stress and tension: Put 5-6 drops in the bath, or put a drop on a cotton ball and inhale deeply throughout the day
Lavender essential oil is emotionally balancing and provides a feeling of restoration and calmness helping you to feel rejuvenated and ready to overcome challenges.
- Put 1 drop on a cotton ball and carry in your purse to inhale throughout the day
- Add 5-6 drops to an evening bath for relaxation
- Add 1 drop to the soles of your feet
Home Sweet Home:
Add to the wonderful relaxing feeling of “home” with the clean, fresh scent of lavender essential oil’s divine fragrance. Here are some lavender oil uses for the home.
- Add 2-3 drops to a pot of simmering water
- Add to an electric or tea light diffuser
- Add 30 drops to 1 1/2 cups baking soda and sprinkle on the carpet. Wait 30 minutes and vacuum.
- Add 3-4 drops to air conditioning filters
- Add 8-10 drops per ounce to hand soaps
On the Go:
When your car smells less than fresh, add a little lavender essential oil and see what a wonderful difference it makes!
- Put 2 drops on a cotton ball and put in your car vent. Be careful to keep the oil side of the cotton ball from touching the plastic vents.
All women go through it, the cramps and irritability – it’s how you deal with it that is important! Pampering yourself is just another of the lavender oil uses that are so helpful toward feeling better.
- Add 10-12 drops to 1 ounce of aloe gel or jojoba oil and apply to your tummy or lower back. This works best when you apply several times throughout the day.
Restless Leg Syndrome:
Perhaps one of the leading causes for missing out on a good night’s sleep is fidgety legs that just won’t be still! Lavender essential oil can help keep your legs calm and restful. See our Restless Leg Syndrome recipe on our Essential Oil Recipes page.
Lavender oil uses are so diverse and there are so many ways to use lavender essential oil – hopefully, these ideas will help you add something especially beneficial and therapeutic to your life every day. Kokokhan’s lavender essential oil is a certified organic and steam distilled from Provence, France.
What are your favorite ways to use Lavender Essential Oil?