Sleep ~ a necessity for physical and emotional well being. It seems so many people have challenges sleeping. There are many essential oils that can help. And many ways to incorporate them into your evening rituals.
Essential Oils For Sleep
- Patchouli: Grounding, calming & also an aphrodisiac
- Ylang Ylang: An exotic floral aroma from Asia. Also beneficial for high blood pressure and an aphrodisiac.
- Use Patchouli & Ylang Ylang sparingly ~ a little goes a long way and too much can be stimulating instead of sedating.
- Roman Chamomile: Helps calm anxiety and anger. Good for loneliness too ~ all feelings that can inhibit sleep.
- Lavender: Can’t forget the lavender! Such a wonderful oil for so many things and sleep is definitely one of them. Also helps calm anxiety and fear.
- Geranium: Helps relieve anxiety, stress and depression too.
Ways to Use Essential Oils for Sleep
- Use them in an aromatherapy inhaler. Very convenient to have on your bedside table. Insert in your nose and inhale deeply. Here’s a link to the inhalers we carry.
- Aromatherapy Inhalers ~ Dream Time, Stress Relief and Emotional Balance are all be good for sleep.
- Add 5-6 drops to an evening bath. The warmth of the water coupled with the essential oils is one of my favorite ways to have a great nights sleep. I also like to add himalayan pink salts which are relaxing too.
- Add 3-5 drops in an essential oil diffuser. If you don’t have one, here’s one I recommend by Westinghouse.
- Add 1 drop to your bedsheets. If you want a stronger aroma put it on your pillow, for a lighter aroma put a drop near your feet.
Do you have trouble sleeping? What are some methods you use to help you sleep? What essential oils do you use for sleep?