Stress. We all experience it to some degree or another. Aromatherapy can help melt away, balance and ease the stress of daily life. Lavender, Roman Chamomile and Spikenard are three of my favorite essential oils when dealing with stress.
Lavender balances, calms, and soothes emotional distress and physical pain which can be associated with stress. It works well with insomnia too which is often associated with being stressed out. Roman Chamomile eases tight, stressful muscles that almost always come with stress. And it can take you away to a peaceful dreamy place at night too. Spikenard is a little less known plant that you may not have heard of. It is one of my favorites and when I smell it I can feel my whole body letting go. It has an earthy, deep aroma and a long history dating back to the bible. Spikenard helps with insomnia as well as nervous tension, indigestion, headaches and even heart palpitations. A great oil to help you stay grounded.
All of this sounds wonderful, right, but are you saying to yourself, “but how can I use these in my life for stress.” Here are some ways that I use them daily. These are easy to do and you don’t have to make any big daily routine changes.
- Carry an inhaler with the essential oils in them and put in your nose regularly throughout the day.
- Apply 1 drop to your temples or bottom of your feet.
- Apply the essential oils in a jojoba oil base to the ends of your hair, helps with frizzies too. Just a little, not too much!
- Put a few drops in a bath at the end of the day
- What are some ways you deal with stress? Do you use essential oils to ease stress? Where do you feel your stress?