Tangerines remind me of Fall in Japan. They are called mikan in Japanese and are abundant in the fall. Every gathering I went to from September thru the Winter included a bowl of tangerines.
Tangerine is one of my new favorite essential oils. It has a brighter more pungent aroma than orange and smells like fresh peeled tangerines. The latin name is Citrus reticulata with some production in the United States.
Tangerine Essential Oil Health Benefits
- Uplifting & Energizing
- Good for Depression
- A Don’t Worry, Be Happy Oil
- Good for Digestion
- Antibacterial & Antiviral
- Good for Oily Skin and Acne
Suggestions for using Tangerine:
- Add 8-10 drops to 1 ounce aloe gel and use to soothe upset tummies.
- Add 5 drops to an essential oil diffuser and cheer up the home.
- Add 1 drop to a cotton ball and put in the air vent of your car.
- Put 2 drops on the inside of your toilet paper roll to freshen up the bathroom.
Can be skin irritating. Do not use on skin undiluted.
Links to Learn More….