Kokokahn recently became a Green America Certified Business! Green America certifies businesses that are committed to social and environmental change. They have a strict and lengthy application process with 3 levels of certification. Kokokahn recently reached our Bronze level of certification. We are committed to supporting environmental and social change and continually look for ways to improve our green practices. Check out our Green Practices page to learn about the eco-friendly and social change practices we have incorporated into our business.
Here are the Green guidelines Green America looks for when certifying businesses direct from their website.
“Green America certifies businesses that are:
- Actively using their business as a tool for positive social change;
- Operating a “values-driven” enterprise according to principles of social justice AND environmental sustainability;
- Environmentally responsible in the way they source, manufacture, and market their products and run their operations and facilities;
- Socially equitable and committed to extraordinary practices that benefit workers, customers, communities, and the environment; and
- Accountable for their work by continually improving and tracking their progress, and operating with radical transparency in every facet of their business.”